- Blogs tell customers, staff and partners what they are doing.
- Blogs also have advantages over other, older ways of communicating such as e-mail and
websites because e-mail messages can be too imposing or miss out key people who should be included, and websites demand that people visit them regularly to find out if anything has changed and require regular updating to avoid going stale.
- Blogs and Really Simple Syndication (RSS) timely means of letting people know when a favourite journal is updated.
- Blogs make it very easy to communicate because you get and give the information you want when you want.
- Blogs are a tool for competitive pitching.