On Oct 4, a USC Business Communication class at the Marshall School will discuss various perspectives in answering this question: What would you do if a recruiter or potential employer invited you to interview in Second Life?
I've been invited to engage the class in a discussion on videoconferencing, videoblogging and online CV's to create awareness of messages and media.
As prior assignment, the students are using these examples and discussion questions for reference:
1. HP Eric Kintz Digital Mindset Blog
“Videoblogging from NYC”
“Mobile Social Marketing” – How important is Mobile for Social Marketing?
Winksite and Feed2Mobile
2. TechCrunch: If A Conference Is Held In Second Life, Will Anyone Listen?
BizBlogReview: Is the future of global commerce in virtual worlds?
3. The Official Cisco Blog “The Platform” – Alan S. Cohen, VP Enterprise Solutions
“The Next Wave of the Business Internet: The Human Network@Work”
4. Online CV’s
Nova Commercial - MySpace
5. Tuesday, November 28, 2006
1. What are the advantages and disadvantages?
2. How can you use the videoconference setup to engage (create rapport) the interviewer more?
3. What unexpected events can happen during a videoconference and how would you deal with them (example: split screens with more than one interviewer)?
1. Referring to Eric Kintz’s “Videoblogging from NYC” (1), what are the advantages and disadvantages of using an “interview format” in a videoblog as CV?
2. Referring to Colin Rhinesmith’s online CV with video (4) – do you think this CV works? Why or why not? Do you think this form of CV is the future? What’s your reasoning?
3. If the Nova Commercial serves as a CV, what impressions can it make?
Mobile Social Marketing, the Next Wave, CV’s, and the interview future:
1. After reading “Mobile Social Marketing” (1), TechCrunch and BizBlogReview (2), Cisco Blog (3), and diamondgeezer (5) – What are your thoughts?
2. How do you see your CV’s and interview techniques evolving?
3. What would you do if a recruiter or potential employer invited you to interview in Second Life?