Thursday, September 20, 2007

Winksite Recommended!

The team (Founder - David Harper) sorted out my self-created tech dilemma in no time and explained exactly how the site works in an email:

Hi Fiona,

Usernames and the folder names added (
as the second part of of your site's address ) when you create a mobile site are limited to 12 character each. We have found it best t keep these address short as it can be bothersome for mobile users using phones without qwerty keyboards to enter longish addresses.

IMHO - The address you ended up with
appears fine to me as far as how it relates to your web presence.

Now as far as "Please let me know how to proceed so that your site recognizes my blog and website."

i assume you are referring to your blogs feed that you wish to mobilize.

It's actually has nothing to do with the address you choose to create at Winksite. Let me explain...

We took a look and it appears you inadvertently entered your blog's web address (http://bizblogreview.blogspot.com) rather then it's feed address (
http://bizblogreview.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default?alt=rss) when setting up the Blog channel on your Winksite.

We went ahead and fixed that for you and your blog's RSS feed is now mobilizing correctly..

Please let me know if there is anything else we ca help you with.

Feedback and suggestions are welcome!

Re: The comment your blog. We received your support request within moments after you sent it - but you caught us sleeping - literally. :)

Cheers,
David Harper
Founder, Winksite

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for making note of my follow- up Fiona.

I'll attribute the typos in my email to the fact I had not yet enjoyed my first cup of coffee for the day when I responded.

USC Center of Management Communication said...

David - Thank YOU :-) Hope the coffee was good!